Friday, March 19, 2010

Got the Best of Me

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia last June and started taking medication to manage my symptoms. Well if you know me, I am really bad at taking medication regularly! REALLY BAD!!! So I have not taken it with any regularity for a couple months and decided this week that I really need to be a grown up and take it every day. Unfortunately one of the side effects is nausea!!! And I don't mean a little queasy stomach. I mean gut-wrenching, burning nausea. I have been so miserable this week that I have lost 4 lbs in 4 days because the idea of eating makes my stomach do somersaults!!!

That said...I think I have taken a step backwards (maybe a couple) in getting control of my house. Walking from one room to the other makes me feel horrible and I spent most of my days in bed!! (luckily Ben is on Spring Break and could keep an eye on Andrew for me) Laundry is piling up. Dishes are sitting in the sink with an empty dishwasher. My nice clean bedroom is not as clean now. Clutter is taking over again. I tried really hard to not let it get the best of me but alas and alack...it did!!! My hope is that my body will continue to adjust back to the meds and will be back to normal by Monday! Today has been the best day so far this week, but it's still queasy!! Praying that I can make it through. Granted, I know that once my appetite comes back, so will those 4 lbs!!! So that means time to get going on the weight loss thing!! But that is another post!

Hope the weekend is better than the week!

Have a great weekend. Spend it with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment