Monday, March 8, 2010

This is how it began!!!

So last August I had this epiphany! It was time for me to grow up. I decided that I would share this brilliant idea with all my friends and family on Facebook. What follows is what I decided I needed to do...

"I have come to the conclusion that at the age of 38 it is high time that I "grow up" and start taking charge of my life. What does that mean for me? Well, lots of things. It is high time that I lose this weight! I am quite tired of being overweight and I am going to do something about it! I am going to get control of C.H.A.O.S. ( Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) in my home and begin to purge and clean and keep things straight. And finally, I need to get control over our family finances. It is time to stop being devastated and start doing something!


Don't know if you need or want to join me on my journey. I hope you will at least keep up with me as I take this step in making myself a better person.

Where am I going to start? Well, I started this morning by working out. I walked a mile this morning in my living room. It felt really good and my goal is to do this at least 5 days a week. My starting weight is 221. Not my greatest achievement I have to say but I can do this.

Next, finances are probably my biggest problem. I feel like the family budget is always a tragedy. But I am determined to get control. So beyond done with overdraft notices, over due bills, and unexpected problems that ALWAYS requires money (CARS-HOUSE-KIDS) I don't want to feel stupid anymore because I can't take care of things that come up. Not exactly sure what my plan is at the moment but I know that with Gods help, I will be able to get this under control.

The whole housework thing is somewhat started. By following FLYlady's advice, I will get my house out of C.H.A.O.S.. There are specific tasks that need to be accomplished: purge and organize. If I purge, I know that house will be what I want it too.

Honestly, I am just sick and tired of the frustration and hopelessness I feel when I look at how I live my life. I am not trying to solicit pity. That is NOT my intention. I AM trying to solicit support. I figure the more people I have cheering me on, the more likely I am to stick with my program. I am going to try to update you all once a week on my progress. Figure it keeps me accountable too!

Through a lot of prayer and introspection and support, I am sure that I will, at the end of this journey, "Grow Up"."

Anyway, here it is, March and honestly I haven't accomplished a thing! I have lost 5 pounds but seriously, IT IS TIME!!!!!! I will 40 in 7 short months and I really think I need to do this for me!!! I am hoping that by starting this blog, I can hold myself accountable and really do something with my life.

Wish me luck! I am gonna need it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment