Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The House Thing

So one of the areas I need to "grow up" in is taking care of my house. I have my family living in a constant state of C.H.A.O.S. (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome-FlyLady). I suffer from Pile-itis!! I admit it!! Instead of purging, I pile. I have piles all over my house! Bills, junk mail, books, school papers, dishes, laundry...you name it, I pile it!! Not sure how I started this annoying habit but I think it is time to break it!

FlyLady, Marla Cilley, says that taking 15 minutes each day to de-clutter a "hot spot", can help one get out of C.H.A.O.S. and teach you how to FLY (Finally Loving Yourself). She has also broken the home into Zones so that one does not have to crisis clean all the time. Each week, you detail clean a different area of the house. This week is the kitchen. There is a mission for every day, and by the end of the week, that room/zone is clean.

I received FlyLady's book about 2 1/2 years ago from my mother. I did really good for a while coming up with routines, putting together a "Control Journal" and just about everything else. Then I lost momentum. About a year and a half ago I started an email group to help other women (and myself) with their C.H.A.O.S. by sending out the missions for the week/zone. The issue is that I am really good at sending out the emails, but putting all the missions to work is a challenge for me. Some weeks I do really good!! Other weeks, I fail miserably!

I really want to get control of my home. I have no problem with helping others purge and clean, but for me to do that in my own home tends to be overwhelming! Not sure why that is! If you can explain it to me, I would love to hear the reason!

So, my first priority in the journey to "Grow Up", is to get my home out of C.H.A.O.S.!!! My goal for the month of March is to follow each weeks mission to the fullest. I also need to get some solid routines in place. I tend to wander around my house wondering what I should do first. I think that if I have my routines really in place, everything else will fall into place. I used to have them all worked out and somehow have lost sight of them.

This is a big area for me! I want to love my home and in order to do that...I need to do the work that is required of me! *SIGH* I suppose to get that done, I ought to get off the computer and get to work!!!

I will keep you all posted on how the house thing is going! Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment